Hilltop Advisory Partners provides consulting and accounting advisory services to the real estate and hospitality companies. Hilltop Advisory will team with Meany & Oliver (a woman owned commercial real estate leasing and sales firm) when real estate transaction assistance and/or a broker price opinion is needed. The combined team provides strong financial capabilities, technology assistance, special reviews (lease calculations, cost allocations, etc.), accounting for leases (new accounting requirements in 2018-19), market surveys and other consulting duties (i.e. managing a specific project). Meany & Oliver provides our respective clients with all of the typical real estate brokerage capabilities. Our typical types of engagements include:
- Accounting for the real estate investment – at the property level, the partnership level (usually multiple properties), the MLP (often a publicly traded partnership that holds many properties), or as a syndicated/securitized transaction.
- Net realizable Value accounting discussions involve determining the recoverable value of the real estate for accounting purposes (we often work with you and your auditors to resolve differences on this issue),
- Reporting to multiple investors, partners, banks, etc. – this requires planning and proper data accumulation to be able to report on all of the required items per partnership or operating agreements, syndication/securitization documents, bank covenant requirements, etc.,
- Assistance to asset managers in the accounting oversight, reporting assessment and/or property manager performance assessment,
- “Roll ups” of the accounting or tax results for hundreds of properties and/or partnerships often requires a significant understanding of the transactions, owner relationships, and the payment priorities required, Tax planning and return preparation is a significant effort for all real estate based partnerships,
- Tax component itemization is a technique used to depreciate buildings differently i.e. as components that have shorter lives than the building itself,
- Assistance with identifying, selecting and implementing technology applications used by the property managers or asset managers. Our team is well versed in all of the major real estate technology tools including MRI, Timberline, ProCalc, Argus, CoStar, Loopnet, Zillow, etc.
- Given our significant credit experience with the banks, we are well aware of the bank’s perspective on troubled loans and negotiating strategies. Accordingly, we have helped our real estate clients with planning, assessing alternatives and proposing “work outs”.
- Assistance with preparing commercial loan applications and creating presentations that the banker will understand, appreciate and depend on if we are involved as an independent party.
- Perform financial, operational and/or technology assessments of efficiency, cost, turn times, risk, etc.
Hilltop Advisory brings the best real estate and credit resources to our real estate clients who may need to address debt or equity capital needs and alternatives. Our real estate professionals have deep industry knowledge of the debt and equity markets (especially REITs).